With this script you can project one or several objects or it’s vertex selection on another along global or local x,y or z axis.
There are two ways of working with a script:
1. Run “Geometry projection”. Select one or several objects you want to project, select relief object. Press needed X,Y or Z button.
2. Select at first object which will be projected, then select relief object. Run ”Geometry projection”, script will automatically choose object and relief. Press needed X,Y or Z button.
1. Download and unzip “geometry_projection_setup_archive.zip”.
2. For right installation in Windows 7 you need admin rights to change the ”Scripts” folder , which is located in the root folder of 3ds Max.
To get these rights do this: right-click on the folder “Scripts”, select “Properties”, then in the “security” set full access to the current user.
3. After receiving administrator rights on “Scripts” folder changing, just drag and drop ” geometry_projection_setup.mzp” in the 3ds Max window.
Now you can run it via “Scripts collect” tool or go to: Customize > Customize User Interface… > Toolbars > Category: “Tools”, find the list ” geometry_projection” and drag you to a convenient toolbar.